Journaling can be a way for us to tap into mindfulness and gratitude or help organize our thoughts and responses around events that are important to us. It can also be a way to acknowledge or share part of our lives with others and create space for cognizance and reflection.
Sometimes ideas for exploration and putting words to our thoughts can run dry. Even though writing can be a significant outlet that helps many of us process our day-to-day, motivation can sometimes evade us — so here are 10 journaling prompts that may give you some inspiration …
1.| What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? How did it impact your life?
2.| What’s the best compliment you’ve been given?
3. | What bad habit would you like to change? Why?
4. | Describe how a friend has supported you when you really needed it.
5. | Write about a time a stranger did something nice for you.
6.| What, in your opinion, is strength?
7. | Are you making the world a better place?
8. | What has made you angry this week?
9. | Have you ever taken a huge risk? What was it, and was it worth it?
10. | Write a one-minute ‘Thank You’ note to someone (it can also be a note to yourself).
Let me know if you found these 10 journaling prompts useful!