I use daily affirmations to disrupt my negative inner voice; which situational stress, anxiety and depression have recently made more prominent. Initially, it feels like these motivational phrases are just hollow attempts at ego-boosting, but they really can improve and retrain our mindset if we give them a chance. We’re worthy of treating ourselves with kindness and care — we should celebrate our potential.
These forward-looking mindfulness exercises have some science behind them that shows they’re capable of turning positive mantras into a nourishing growth mindset. They can motivate and give our self-esteem the boost it needs to deter self-doubt and obstructive thoughts. If undertaken regularly, affirmations may reduce the occurrence and impact of negative emotions and bolster our ability to address future challenges.
We can unsettle our self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours by repeating these brief, powerful and intentional statements; providing ourselves with a mechanism that shifts our thought processes, responses and actions towards something more positive.
I thoroughly recommend developing the habit of giving ourselves a little lift each day that enables us to blossom and bloom; here are some morning affirmations to boost your day …
- There will be moments of joy to celebrate today.
- I am resilient and capable.
- I accept the ups and downs that today may bring; I value what they can teach me.
- I can face my fears and be open to new experiences in life.
- I am worthy of love; I am capable of love; I am loved.
- I will show myself compassion today.
- I will identify solutions to any challenges that may arise.
- I am competent at learning new skills.
- I have knowledge, intuition and experience to guide me throughout the day.
- I know that whatever I accomplish today, it’s good enough. I am enough.
- I can set goals and work towards them efficiently.
- I value my time and can reconsider what I put effort and energy into if it no longer sustains me.
It’s essential we take some time each morning to set our intentions for the day; with affirmations at the ready for when we need to break patterns of internalized negativity. We can build on the changes we wish to embrace within ourselves; it involves perseverance, but it’s worth it.
Which affirmation/s resonated with you? How do you stop your negative inner voice? How do you celebrate yourself each day?
5 Best Practices For Using Daily Affirmations – Riyah Speaks